|You Have Found The Comet Way Agent Kernel Home Page!
This website is dedicated to Agent Programming and the Comet Way Agent Kernel.
Version 3.0 was released April 24, 2008 and is a major improvement over the previous public release:
- New WebServer with WebServer extensions for more customized request handling.
- New SecureWebServer agent uses javax.net.ssl package for HTTPS support.
- New Props features to make data handling easier.
- New PropsSchema class for describing and interpreting PropsLists.
- New support for HTTP path rewriting and CGI interfaces.
- New RunaableAgent class for agents that need to execute on their own thread.
- New PropsListServiceManager adds regular expression support and multiple registrations.
- Updated JDBCConnection classes for improved JDBC connection pooling performance.
- Updated ExecuteCommand class to support the specification of the working directory, and improved stream buffering performance.
- Support for ISO-8859-1 added to HTTPClient.
- Support for ISO-8601 added to DateTools and XMLPropsList related classes.
Check back often for news and updates!
|Previous Release Information
Version 2.6 was released March 22, 2007:
- New webserver agents are even more secure and robust than before.
- New email list agent for sending mail-merged messages.
- New improved Props features make data handling even easier.
- A simplified PropsList persistence model.
- New tools for supporting XHTML code generation.
- New throttled file server agent.
- Optimizations to email message model.
- More file based tools and agents for common operations.
- Importing/exporting a PropsList to delimited files.
- Importing/exporting a PropsList to a JDBC database.
- Importing/exporting a PropsList to a PropsSchema.
- Extensive HTTP client support and protocol compatibility.
- The Agent Kernel implements a dynamic component software model specifically
designed for deploying Agent Applications.
- Link up interchangeable agent-based components to create robust Agent Applications.
- Includes agents for handling operations between web-based (HTTP),
email-based (SMTP and POP3), database (JDBC and XML), and GUI-based (Swing) services.
- Designed for the command line; easily enhanced by your favorite IDE.
- A mature framework for Agent Programming.
- Write your own customized agents using the Java Programming Language.
- Created especially for the Java programming language from Sun Microsystems.
- The Java Programming Language ensures 100%
compatibility with a growing number of 3rd party Java APIs and platforms.
- Implemented completely in the Java programming language
- Easier to use than J2EE or Servlets
- Small footprint
- Easily configured using XML
- Swing-based agent browser
- Integrated state machine model
- Pattern based task scheduling
- Low-overhead agent request API
- Generic object database
- Support for SMTP & POP3
- Error reporting by email
- Agents serve dynamic web content
- Manage HTTP session data
- Navigate websites autonomously
- Built-in logging API
- HTTP distribution and proxy
- Integrates with databases via JDBC
- Small footprint XML parser
- Load only needed features
- Send reporting output to files
- VT100 friendly reporting
- Unique text buffer model
- Regular expression support
The Comet Way Agent Kernel 3.0 is compatible with Java Runtime Environments JDK 1.4 or later.
The kernel has been tested on a variety of platforms including:
Apple Mac OS X
Contact us to talk about developing support for your hardware platform or for information about porting to new Java-enabled platforms.